As there are many Linux version, and the user is normally experienced, here the instructions only for Ubuntu:Please make sure your system is updated. Then install:"sudo apt-get install network-manager-pptp pptp-linux"Restart Network Manager:In your terminal type: "sudo /etc/init.d/network-manager restart"Configure via Network Manager GUI:
- 1. input the IP address of the target computer.
- 2. input your user name. Leave all else blank.
- 3. hit Advanced button.
- 4. check: MSCHAPv2
- 5. check: Use Point-to-point encryption (MPPE)
- 6. select: 128-bit
- 7. check: Allow stateful encryption
- 8. check: Allow PPP echo packets
- 9. Leave all else blank. Hit OK, OK to save and get out.